Graduated in 1977 in Earth Science at la Sapienza Rome University.
Until 31.12.2019 Research Director ENEA. Now, Associated Resercher INGV, Roma, Italy
- Relative Sea level changes
- Coastal Geomorphology and sea submerging coast risk
- Scientific Diver since 1989. 2008 Advanced PADI Certified
- Since 2012 Co-chair expedition project GEOSWIM (23.000 km swimming around the Mediterranean sea coasts).
- Since 2017 Drone experience (Phantom 4 – Mavic2 pro)
- Vice President of INQUA, International Union for Quaternary Research (2012-2015)
- University, full Professor (Geomorphology) 2013 – 2022
- Guest editor of 5 Quaternary International Special issue volumes
- Member of the editorial board of Journal of Geosciences MDPI since 2020.